SOFTWARE / FIRMWARE ENGINEER (R&D / PRODUCT)
LOCATION: Ely, Cambridgeshire
POSITION TYPE: Full-time, permanent
HOURS OF WORK: 0900-1700 Monday to Friday
SALARY: up to £50,000 per annum (benefits include 25 days annual leave (in addition to Bank
Holidays), Contributory Auto-Enrolment Pension Scheme, Cycle to Work Scheme, Childcare Voucher
Scheme and optional healthcare)
Our client are market leaders in the development, design and manufacture of highly accurate and robust quality (sampling) and quantity (metering) devices for the Oil & Gas industry.
The R&D group is primarily focused on the Accelerated Development and Delivery of Products that comply with stringent industry standards.
Our client are seeking a Product Software / Firmware Engineer for their expanding R&D team.
The role is primarily to develop software tools for integrated and cross-correlated signal sensors that are driven by advanced physics based algorithms for complex flow applications.
Reporting to the function manager and working closely with other groups and disciplines, you will:
- Deliver appropriate numerical analysis and simulations – validating it with experiments, interpreting and visualising results for accelerated product design and optimisation
- Write technical reports and memorandums, present results to various audiences, and continue to develop innovative solutions to optimise the array of products
- Be an effective member of the R&D group by sharing ideas and suggestions and providing real solutions to the product development and optimisation
- Where appropriate, take ownership of projects, coordinating with colleagues in other disciplines and managing budgetary and resource requirements and leading to ensure the project delivers to the required specification
- Be adept to PCP (Product Creation Process) and project management methods such as scrum methodology leading high quality sprint meetings while motivating the team
- Show significant emotional intelligence to work with colleagues and customers – always to satisfy changing customer’s needs, and hence the scrum
- Develop firmware for embedded systems using C/C++/python to communicate with sensors and electromechanical systems
- Work closely with hardware/electrical engineers on PCB layout/testing and software to hardware interfaces
- Develop the automated system backend software with python API to communicate with / control embedded systems
- Design and develop software architecture based on system requirements
- Collaborate closely with an interdisciplinary R&D team to meet project milestones
- Maintain thorough and detailed written records
We are seeking a strong, multi-talented candidate to join our clients dynamic, interdisciplinary team of scientists and engineers to develop disruptive technologies of tomographic applications with end users primarily in the oil & gas industry but also other industries such as functional brain imaging.
- You will be a leading and an integral part of a team making decisions on the design and user experience of automated and predictive flow metering platforms and therefore you will focus on the development of both embedded firmware and software
- Qualified to degree level or higher, preferably with post-doctoral or industrial experience within recognised groups, you have experience with object oriented python to accelerate algorithm implementation in FPGA/ASIC systems
- You have experience with microcontrollers (ARM, Arduino or PIC), embedded computers and hardware integration
- You have experience with electrical engineering fundamentals, circuits, PCB design, testing, and troubleshooting
- You have experience or are in developing software architecture for automated systems and electromechanical components
- You have excellent written and oral communication, record keeping and organisation, problem solving, and ability to work in a collaborative environment
- Knowledge and experience in product development processes a plus
This is an excellent opportunity for someone to join an International company offering great career progression with excellent salaries. To apply, please send your CV to Totec or give us a call to discuss.
All applicants must be eligible to live and work in the UK. Documented evidence of eligibility will be required from candidates as part of the recruitment process (i.e. visa, EU passport, residency permit etc.).
All calls are handled with strict confidence.