Field-based Service Engineer
Field-based Service Engineer
Location: Peterborough & Norwich areas
Job Type: Permanent
Salary: £35,700 to £39,500 per annum (plus an on target bonus of 5% per year plus £900 on call rate) Other benefits include: van, tools and PPE.
World-leading industrial gases and engineering company urgently require an experienced Service Engineer to carry out maintenance and installation work on cryogenic and non-cryogenic medical and industrial gas supply systems working individually and as part of a wider team as required. The individual will also be part of an out of hours on-call rota.
Working predominantly at customer premises this is a customer facing role and the ideal candidate will need to be able to demonstrate a professional and courteous level of customer service.
- Advise customers on equipment and ensuring that equipment is maintained in accordance with legislative requirements.
- Install equipment in accordance with predetermined quality and safety standards and a work plan
- Liaison with customers in completing minor surveys, estimates of labour and material, preparation of proposals for new and existing installations.
- Supervise sub-contractors or personally carry out work ensuring that the installation meets the correct technical, quality and safety standards.
- Carry out all the prescribed work on the job sheet
- Test, commission and obtain the necessary certification (handover, completion, permit to work and system integrity) and instruct Customers first line supervision in the correct operation of the installation and emergency procedures.
- Carry out planned preventative maintenance.
- To operate unsupervised on designated tasks as appropriate to individual skills and abilities.
- To carry out a programme of planned work on equipment as determined by the Area Service Manager.
- Re-source material as necessary to enable emergency work to be fulfilled. (e.g Vehicle Stocks).
- At least 5 years recognised level of practical experience and knowledge within the mechanical and electrical maintenance environment
- A minimum Level 3 NVQ or City & Guilds
- A fundamental understanding of Health & Safety procedures
- A full UK drivers licence
This is a great opportunity to work in a stimulating and rewarding job for an established global company. If you wish to find out more please call and speak to our team or apply direct and send your CV to Totec today.
To discuss your requirements please call one of our team of experienced consultants on +44 (01792) 763322
Recruitment Consultancy and Employment Agency providing total staffing solutions throughout the UK.
Unit 1, Tawe Business Village, Phoenix Way, Enterprise Park, Llansamlet, Swansea, SA7 9LA
Tel: +44 (01792) 763322
Fax: +44 (01792) 763320
Wednesday 23 May 2018 - 19:17:42 - Totec Recruitment, All rights reserved. Unit 1, Tawe Business Village, Phoenix Way, Enterprise Park, Llansamlet, Swansea, SA7 9LA