Location: Ammanford, Swansea
Salary: £24k – £26k
Hours: Full time
Our prestigious Tier 2 Automotive client based on the outskirts of Swansea urgently require a Production Planner to work within their modern hi-tech manufacturing department.
This is a fantastic long-term career opening giving the rare opportunity to join an internationally renowned company benefitting from a period of sustained growth.
Responsible for the internal and supplier scheduling through the full utilization of the current ERP system (iScala).
Development of iScala generated inventory plans to maximize the plant’s running efficiency while minimizing labour and storage costs, and the development and analysis of longer term schedules to achieve plant KPI’s.
Working within a team of 5 which includes a Master Production Scheduler, Material Controller, Warehouse Supervisor and Customer Services Co-Ordinator.
- Creates Production Schedules for the plant ensuring customer requirements are fully met, whilst minimising cost and inventory to ensure company objectives are achieved.
- Coordinates and communicates the weekly production schedules to shop floor work centres using MRP generated Works orders.
- Works together with Operations department to ensure there is adequate capacity available to meet short term S&OP demand and longer term strategic plan.
- Assures that all related raw material and components will be available prior to scheduling and releasing weekly manufacturing orders.
- Monitors daily production outputs and ensures they are accurately reported in iScala.
- Ensures system data is accurate through regular maintenance of Bills of Material, Production routings, and system parameters.
- Minimum 3 years production planning experience in a fast-paced, multi-line manufacturing environment.
- Minimum 3 years ERP system planning experience, with full understanding of Production Scheduling, Manufacturing Requirements Planning (MRP), Works Order Management (WO), and Inventory Management (IM).
- iScala ERP experience and knowledge preferred.
- Automotive manufacturing experience preferred.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office.
- Must display a high level of organization skills with attention to detail and accuracy.
- Collaborative interpersonal skills with the ability to build and maintain effective relationships at all levels of the organization.
- Results-oriented focus and approach.
- Ability to drive process improvement.
- Willingness to seek professional growth and development as the scope of the position increasesTo ApplyAll calls will be handled in strictest confidence and all applications will be progressed promptly. All applicants must be eligible to live and work within the UK
For a detailed job description or for more information please call and speak to a member of our experienced team or to apply send your CV to Totec today.
To discuss your requirements please call one of our team of experienced consultants on +44 (01792) 763322
Recruitment Consultancy and Employment Agency providing total staffing solutions throughout the UK.
Unit 1, Tawe Business Village, Phoenix Way, Enterprise Park, Llansamlet, Swansea, SA7 9LA
Tel: +44 (01792) 763322
Fax: +44 (01792) 763320
Wednesday 25 April 2018 - 06:05:59 - Totec Recruitment, All rights reserved. Unit 1, Tawe Business Village, Phoenix Way, Enterprise Park, Llansamlet, Swansea, SA7 9LA