Sales and Service Advisor - Trade Counter
Salary: £18,000 pa
Hours: Monday Friday 08.30 - 17.30 with Saturday mornings on rota
Benefits: Monthly sales bonus, training and development, 22 days annual holiday allowance plus bank holidays, and long term career prospects with a large national business.
Our client is a market leader in the design, manufacture and sale of trailers, trailer parts and all associated towing accessories/services. This nationwide automotive Trailer and Towbar company are currently recruiting for a Sales and Service advisor to work from their site in Norwich. Excellent opportunity to progress your career in a customer facing retail sales role.
Overall purpose of job:
To assist in the day to day running of the Store, helping to achieve Sales / Margin targets by serving customers in a professional manner.
Service and Support: Administrative Responsibilities:
- To process the daily cash paperwork and prepare banking including petty cash and maintain accurate filing systems.
- To ensure cash/cheques banked on a daily basis.
- To monitor stock movements and deliveries. To raise invoices/credit notes accurately.
- To ensure payment for goods is received accurately and/or credit approval obtained.
- To report any discrepancies (monetary or otherwise) to the Store Manager immediately.
- To perform any general admin duties as required.
- To actively sell (face to face and over the telephone) and promote all trailers/parts/associated equipment ensuring correct procedures are followed.
- To serve customers politely and efficiently either at the counter, off site, on the telephone, providing professional and timely advice on trailers/services and towing accessories.
- To advise and take orders for trailer hire and towbar fitting updating the diary accordingly. To liaise with the workshop team as required.
- Ensure all stock orders received are shelved at the earliest opportunity and are presented safely, tidily and in an attractive manner. Displays should be updated and maintained regularly to maximise customer interest.
- Liaise with the Store Workshop to ensure they are kept supplied with a steady workload. To perform Workshop duties as and when required.
- To assist with stock takes as required.
- To wear the Company uniform at all times and uphold the company Brand.
- To be trained and drive a Fork Lift Truck as required.
- Successful candidates must have at least 12 months experience in a customer facing role such as trade counter, parts advisor, service desk, etc.
- We are looking for people who have previous experience in the trailer/motor trade/hire industry whose skills will be transferrable into this business.
- Candidates will need to be happy working to sales targets and have superb communication skills.
- A full driving licence is essential for this role as you will be required to deliver stock to customers.
This is a fantastic opportunity offering long term career prospects with a large national business. To apply please send your up to date CV to Totec today, alternatively give our team a call for more details.
Urgent vacancy, looking to interview immediately
Motor Trade / Automotive Vacancies / Sales / Service Advisor / Trade Counter / Retail / Parts Advisor / Service Desk / Customer Facing