Towbar & Service Technician
Salary: £19,000 to £20,000 pa
Hours:Monday to Friday 08.30 - 5.30 with Saturday mornings on rota
Benefits:22 days annual holiday allowance plus bank holidays, and long term career prospects with a large national business.
Our client is a market leader in the design, manufacture and sale of trailers, trailer parts and all associated towing accessories/services. This nationwide automotive Trailer and Towbar company are currently recruiting for Towbar Fitters to work from their busy site in Leeds. This is an excellent opportunity to progress your career with an established company who have 23 stores and hundreds of stockists across the UK & Ireland.
To fit towbars to customer vehicles and service / repair trailers and quickly become an effective team member in their busy new workshop.
- Ensure all towbar fits and trailer services/repairs are completed in an acceptable timeframe and quality to the Company and customer.
- To keep up to date with any changes to suppliers’ towbar fitting instructions including wiring via the Branch network and use of internet / intranet.
- To report any problems or damage relating to customers’ vehicles/property immediately to the Branch Manager/Assistant Manager.
- To service and repair the Company’s fleet of hire trailers to an agreed schedule.
- To maintain and update full records of each trailer in the Company hire fleet for servicing purposes.
- To assemble and modify trailers as required.
- To ensure that the workshop is clean and tidy at all times. Keep tools/equipment in good working order and to report any faults to the Branch Manager/Assistant Manager.
- Adhere to Company Health & Safety Policy
- To be able to ascertain faults and provide technical advice as required.
- Answering the telephone/serving customers will also be required
- You will need to have been working in a vehicle workshop repairing cars, vans, motorbikes, lorries or coaches.
- Experience working with towbars and trailers would be a distinct advantage but training will be provided.
- To hold a full current driving licence essential, (towing licence advantageous).
- Good standard of literacy to maintain written / computer records
- It may be necessary to visit customer’s premises to action repairs/fit towbars.
- To be trained and drive a Fork Lift Truck as required.
This is a fantastic opportunity offering long term career prospects with a large national business. To apply please send your up to date CV to Totec today, alternatively give our team a call for more details.
Motor Trade / Automotive Vacancies / Garage / Mechanic / vehicle maintenance / Tow Bars / Caravans / Vehicle workshop